MONROE® COMMERCIAL VEHICLE LAUNCHES NEW PART NUMBERS FOR MORE THAN 230 NEW INTERCHANGES
Tenneco Increases Coverage of Monroe Medium- and Heavy-Duty Ride Control Product Line
Louisville, KY – The 2008 Monroe Commercial Vehicle product line from Tenneco Inc. (NYSE: TEN) includes 12 new part numbers and more than 230 new interchanges.
Manufactured and marketed by Tenneco Inc., Monroe Commercial Vehicle products include application-engineered Monroe® Gas-Magnum® cab, Gas-Magnum® 60, Gas-Magnum® 65 and Monro-Magnum® 70 shock absorbers.
“Monroe Commercial Vehicle is committed to providing core coverage of the industry’s top applications,” said Mark Christiaanse, director of ride control – product management, North American Aftermarket, Tenneco. “Plus, Monroe has streamlined replacement ride control sales through an online interchange database, making it easier than ever to sell premium Monroe replacement products.”
Designed specifically for commercial vehicle applications, the Monroe Gas-Magnum and Monro-Magnum shocks feature application-engineered designs. Monroe Gas-Magnum shocks help enhance vehicle control and driver comfort by delivering a smooth, self-adjusting ride in a full range of road and load conditions.
The new Monroe Commercial Vehicle part numbers include:
- 2003-06 Western Star Class 8 tractors, (Gas-Magnum Cab shock p/n 66196)
- 2007-08 International ProStar Class 8 long sleeper tractors, (Gas-Magnum Cab strut p/n 66127)
- 2007-08 International ProStar Class 8 short sleeper tractors, (Gas-Magnum Cab strut p/n 66128)
- 2005-08 Chevrolet Kodiak/GMC TopKick C4500-C7500 Series FRONT (Gas-Magnum 65 p/n 65161)
- 2005-08 Blue Bird Vision School Bus FRONT (Gas-Magnum 65 p/n 65162)
- 2007-08 International 8600 Series FRONT (Gas-Magnum 65 p/n 65163)
- 2005-08 Kenworth T600/T2000 with AG400 Air Ride REAR (Gas-Magnum 65 p/n 65524)
- 2006-08 Meritor Trailer Suspension FS230T REAR (Gas-Magnum 65 p/n 65525)
- 2005-08 Sterling/Freightliner LT9000 Series Overslung Spring REAR (Gas-Magnum 65 p/n 65526)
- 2005-08 International 9200/9400 with Hendrickson Air Ride REAR (Gas-Magnum 65 p/n 65527)
- 1987-2005 New Flyer D40/D60 High Floor FRONT (Gas-Magnum 70 p/n 74447)
- 1987-2005 New Flyer D40/D60 High Floor REAR (Gas-Magnum 70 p/n 74448)
Monroe Gas-Magnum cab shocks are engineered to isolate the cab from the vehicle frame for a smooth, more comfortable ride.
Monroe Gas-Magnum 60 shock absorbers are gas-charged for a fast response and a stable, comfortable ride for Class 3 to 6 vehicles. Each Gas-Magnum 60 shock features a robust 1 3/8-in. bore, 5/8-in.-diameter piston rod, hydraulic rebound lockout (where required) and Monroe’s 10-stage full-displacement valving, which automatically adjusts to road extremes.
Monroe Gas-Magnum 65 – available for Class 6 to 8 vehicles – shock absorbers are designed for air spring and tapered-leaf suspensions. Each Gas-Magnum 65 is nitrogen gas-charged and includes a large, 1 ¾-in. piston bore for a fast response and exceptional durability. Key construction features include sintered-iron rod guide with Teflon® bushing, 18-mm-diameter super-finished heavy chrome piston rod, hydraulic rebound lockout (where required), arc-welded mounts with solid loops and bonded bushings (most applications), and heavy-wall drawn-over-mandrel pressure tube.
Monroe Monro-Magnum 70 shock absorbers are application-engineered and deliver a firm, controlled ride for Class 7 to 8 and transit vehicles. Monro-Magnum 70 shocks feature a 1 ¾-in. piston bore, 7/8-in.-diameter piston rod, hydraulic rebound lockout (where required) and 10-stage full-displacement valving (most applications).
Monroe Gas-Magnum 60, Gas-Magnum 65 and Gas-Magnum cab shocks are covered by Tenneco’s exclusive 90-day “Free Ride” trial offer as well as a two-year/200,000-mile warranty. Monroe Monro-Magnum 70 shocks are covered by a one-year/100,000-mile warranty.
The new product coverage also will be included in the new 2008 Monroe Commercial Vehicle Ride Control Master Catalog and available for download on the newly redesigned www.monroeheavyduty.com.
For more information about the new Monroe products for commercial vehicles, please contact your Monroe supplier, visit www.monroeheavyduty.com or write to: Monroe Commercial Vehicle, One International Drive, Monroe, MI 48161.
Tenneco is a $6.2 billion manufacturing company with headquarters in Lake Forest, Illinois and approximately 21,000 employees worldwide. Tenneco is one of the world’s largest designers, manufacturers and marketers of emission control and ride control products and systems for the automotive original equipment market and the aftermarket. Tenneco markets its products principally under the Monroe®, Walker®, Gillet™ and Clevite® Elastomer brand names.
Pinnacle Communications Group Inc.
(1) 330 688 3500